Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jan 13th


Three speeding fines in two months.
A reminder to slow down.

And while that may seem like a frivolous comment, holding little regard for personal wellbeing, safety of others or being accountable for my actions, I feel distinctly otherwise.

I am not a person that views speed cameras as revenue raisers.
I do not think the cops are out to get me and should spend their time chasing the *real* criminals.
No.  I broke the law and potentially endangered myself, my passengers and somebody's loved ones on the roads.  Not once, but three times.  And those were just the times I was caught on camera.

And while I refuse to entertain shame due to my actions, as I believe it serves no one - not me, not the recipients of my fines and certainly not my fellow commuters - I will still own my actions and accept responsibility for my multiple errors of judgement and hold myself accountable.

I'm a HUGE believer in signs.
Three examples of rushing my way through life turn up in one month.
That's a huge sign.
I have always been told that I rush.  
"What's the hurry?"  "Where's the fire?" - the musical to my life.

So.  Time to breathe deep.  Slow down.  
Enjoy the moment.
Isn't that what this blog is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment