Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov 11th

11/11/11

A truly auspicious date!
According to some, the official transition from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius.  Although, as my MIL pointed out, transitions between ages that last 2100 years will generally last longer than one day *wink*.  The shift from away from old, fear-based habits and into a reality based on hope rather than despair, of abundance rather than lack, of peace rather than war, of contentedness rather than yearning, and of connectedness rather than separation* is most certainly being felt and I feel started in my lifetime, if not before (think swinging sixties).

* Description taken from this blog post, by a gorgeous yogi :o)

I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate tonight's full moon and of course, the small thing of the dawning of a brand new age, than congregating with my loved ones, dancing with fire and LED lights, to the beat of some African drums.  So, we did!

It was a wonderful gathering!
The joining of two (perhaps more?) communities.  Our humble gathering of local families in the village (that have met on a few occasions now), a group of African drummers and more fire twirlers!  The spot we chose, down on the foreshore, meant on a balmy night like this evening, the foot traffic was huge - so the atmosphere of those that lingered to watch us dance and hear us play, was just magical.  Beautiful, beautiful community.





I wish I had more images for you - but the absolute truth is, I barely put my poi down from the minute I arrived.  And Ben was busy on the staff until much later in the evening, when Goose and I had a play on the drums.  Most of the crowd had dispersed by the time these images were captured.  It would have been wonderful to share more of the action!

The generosity of spirit amongst all was beautiful.  I learned so much from more experienced twirlers and in turn, I stepped a few newbies through a couple of swings.  The night had magic in the air from the moment we arrived on the sand to enjoy our dinner, in the company of families from our village.

I have just received permission from a beautiful woman who was amongst last night, to share two short clips she shot on her phone.  The first is of Ben twirling (closest to us, on the right) and the second of me tutoring a few swings.  One day, I may be lucky enough to secure a capture of me in full swing.  I would find that very cool *smile*.




No comments:

Post a Comment