Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nov 20th

The day of my birthday lunch with my women has finally arrived!

I have been so looking forward to this day.
I even went out and bought a party dress.  I think I told you that already.
The consensus seemed to be I rock green.  Will remember that for future.  It's not a colour I have gravitated towards in the past, but I'm really enjoying it at the moment.  Perhaps it's the freshness of spring... all those thriving vegie seedlings in the garden... or perhaps it's an India colour.  Is such a thing possible?  I do feel like I'm leaving so much of my old self behind.  But this isn't a recent thing or something that has *just* occurred since the name change, or even since the consideration of the name change.  It's been a slowly evolving thing.  Growth with maturity, perhaps... it was bound to happen at some stage ;o)

Thirteen women joined me today.  Many leaving at home wee breastfed babes.  I felt immensely treasured and loved by each and every one of them.  I had such a wonderful time.  I will let the (many) images speak for themselves <3
























There were so many more images, but I don't want to crash your browser ;o).
These are a collection of my favourites.  Images of me with some of the most amazing, important women in my life.  And images showing so much love, connection and intimacy.  I do not, for one minute, ever take for granted the love that overflows in our community.  I am grateful for these women and all they bring to my life, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment