Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feb 16th


I woke up at 8am this morning (have I mentioned I love my Wednesdays?) after a 2.30am bedtime the night/morning before.  It's not that I'm having trouble sleeping, but I'm avoiding going to bed for some reason.  

I was trawling through old photos and talking to colleagues online.
Still so many unanswered questions, so much talking to do and much listening, supporting still needed.
This morning involved much of the same, conversation-wise.  Some questions answered - information shared that is never pleasant to learn, but helpful in the healing process nonetheless.
And then it was time to close the lid and make contact, flesh to flesh.

I visited a wonderful woman today.  A woman I met online more than a year ago and have caught up with in person on a few occasions since then.  I thoroughly enjoy this woman's company.  Easy, relaxing, funny and stimulating.  Her wee button is two months off two and has the most raucous giggle I've ever heard from a child - I find her very delightful!  After two and a half hours of conversation, three baskets of folded washing, lunch eaten, dinner prepared and a sleeping button, I was off home again with thoughts of yarn on my mind and Ben Lee crooning in my ear (absolutely LOVIN' his album Ripe - more on that another time).


I finished the second arm and then it was time for stuffin'.


The pattern recommends attaching the arms after the face and hair have been completed, as they tend to get in the way.  So, here we are.  The doll, as at today:



Oh - have you seen this book (please forgive the yarn, it's everywhere)?


Little snippets of self discovery and self lovin'.
Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment