Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feb 19th

We spent a wonderful afternoon with a gorgeous family today!
A barbecue lunch, followed by delish cheesecake then a wild and windy walk along the beach.  It was just wonderful.

O and Lu, whilst the same age, possess very different temperaments.
Lu is very standoffish and protective of her space.  O is extremely affectionate and playful.  The mix can be volatile! 


But with some careful management (like half a picture to paint each), his mother and I were utterly surprised to see them hand in hand, walking to the beach *smile*.  In fact, it must just be the energy of this family, as Lu found herself very much at home and comfortable walking hand in hand, while Ben and I trailed behind.


The bay was the most ferocious I had seen it today!  The water looked incredible in those few moments when the sun peeked out from behind the storm clouds, sending sparkles for miles.


I love a good storm!  I love the energy of the wind when it whips around me and watching a low tide crashing and smashing so close is so invigorating.  I grew up right next to the ocean, it was a part of my daily life throughout childhood.  I find it calms my mind and brings me clarity when answers to big decisions are just out of reach.  The combination today of enlightening conversation, blustery winds and water splashing around my ankles helped relieve my mind of a flip-flop decision, one that had been bouncing around in my head for more than a year.

I've decided to make a decision and stick with it.  Good thoughts or bad.  I'm done with indecisiveness.  I'm done with life on hold.  Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Now, to get the man back on board *smile*.  What do you think my chances are?


*smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment