Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 23rd

Particularly grateful today for the reinvigorating energy I received from my workout this morning.

I'm so used to feeling exhausted after a workout.  Endorphin rush, sure, but usually a frenetic WHOO!! kind of energy that leaves me feeling a little tired after the rush has worn off.  Yoga has the opposite effect when I hit the sweet spot.  Sweet spot, as in the right hydration, the right heat, the right fuel in my muscles all coming together making just the schmick workout.  Like today.  Even feeling the lurgie still lingering in my chest and my nose running more than usual, I came away feeling so high, so energized, so restored!

I was at craft night this evening and one woman was talking about wanting to exercise.  Naturally I pipe up espousing the virtues and glories of my yoga - to which the rest of the room choruses "Oh god no!  Not *her* yoga!  Big purple monsters eat you for breakfast then spit you out onto dahlias at *that* yoga!"  Or words to that effect.  I had to giggle.  They don't know what they're missing out on.  *grin*


No comments:

Post a Comment