Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28th

Today I'm truly grateful for seeing all the wonderful things in my life.

When you can see the good stuff so clearly, it makes the not so good stuff REALLY stand out.  And once you can see something, you can get a really good grip of the edges and then you can do anything you like with it.  Like remove it.  Oftentimes though, things in your life are entangled, and extrapolation is not an easy task.  But sometimes, it gets to the point where your sense of self requires you to make change.

Ben and I attended a yoga posture clinic today.
Beginning with a 7.30am class.  
There was three rows of bodies.  I haven't seen it that packed in our wee studio for a long time.  It was wonderful.  I love it that busy.  The energy in the room was wonderful.  The majority of students stayed after class for the clinic.  The environment of people were wonderful.  Such lightness!  Such happiness!  So much joy.  There was fruit for snacks and sushi for lunch.  Coconut water.  Smoothies.  There was even a magic bean run.  To be surrounded by people passionate about the same thing I was passionate about, was wonderful!  Even their poison matched my poison *grin*.

And it made me realise I'm doing that less and less.  Instead, I have chosen to maintain relationships that don't resonate with the woman I am or the woman I want to be.  I want more time with people who challenge and enrich me.  I want more time involving myself in activities that shed new light on life.  (I spoke with a woman today who is venturing to Peru for a women's only yoga trek!  THAT's what I want!)  I very much want to share conversations with people that see the beauty in life, the greatness in opportunities.  Abundance.  Today highlighted to me how much time I spend surrounded by the opposite of these thought patterns.  Not only am I not enriching my life, the contrary is happening.  For a time now, I have felt murky, clouded, confused by this person I spent time embodying.  Like anything, when you're plunged within the depths of a situation, behaviour, relationship, it can be difficult to see yourself there.  Today I saw myself there.  And I no longer want to be there.

I truly believe you attract what you think.  Situations in your life happen because of what you're focusing on.  Even saying to the universe "I don't want to be ill" still attracts illness.  Universal energy doesn't discern the difference between 'want' and 'don't want'.  It hears 'ill' and delivers.  "I want wellness" is a clearer message to asking for what you want.  The same for people.  The same for everything!  I want more abundance.  I want more joy.  I want more love.  I want more honesty.  I want more compassion.  I want more authenticity.  More than I'm attracting now.  So, I'm working on it.

______________________________________________

Tonight , I'm reminded of this poem.  A mantra to live by, if you will.

Imagine a woman
who believes it is right and good she is woman.
A woman who honours her experience and tells her stories.
Who refuses to carry the sins of others within her body and life.

Imagine a woman
who believes she is good.
A woman who trusts and respects herself.
Who listens to her needs and desires and meets them with tenderness and grace.

Imagine a woman
who has acknowledged the past's influence on the present.
A woman who has walked through her past.
Who has healed into the present.

Imagine a woman
who authors her own life.
A woman who exerts, initiates, and moves on her own behalf.
Who refuses to surrender except to her truest self and to her wisest voice.

Imagine a woman
who names her own gods.
A woman who imagines the divine in her image and likeness.
Who designs her own spirituality and allows it to inform her daily life.

Imagine a woman
in love with her own body.
A woman who believes her body is enough, just as it is.
Who celebrates her body and its rhythms and cycles as an exquisite resource.

Imagine a woman
who honors the face of the Goddess in her changing face.
A woman who celebrates the accumulation of her years and her wisdom.
Who refuses to use her precious life energy disguising the changes in her body and life.

Imagine a woman
who values the women in her life.
A woman who sits in circles of women.
Who is reminded of the truth about herself when she forgets.

Imagine yourself as this woman.

Patricia Lynn Reilly
Thank you to the two women who bought this quote into my consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment