Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30th

Today, I admitted defeat and relinquished myself to the healing powers of convalesce - uninterrupted by the hindrances of my delight in constant activity.

I planned a sleep in.
Forgot the plumber was arriving at 8am.
Got up to let the plumber in (to reseat our sink, which, despite this being the fifth sink, has never managed to sit flush with the bench.  Fifth time's a charm!).
Tried to go back to sleep and decided to get up to be available in the event the plumbers needed to question me on anything (they didn't.)
Indulged in the pleasure of my sister's company via Skype for two and a half hours as I simultaneously crafted a couple of hats to be gifted (while resting on the sofa, under a blanket, remaining hydrated, so it counts). 
 Spent some time amongst my on line community (again, see comment in parentheses above).

Hats for Georgia and K

Felt weary, so closed my eyes.
Awoke three hours later(!!) to the phone ringing.  Donna from The Leader Newspaper calling to learn more about sewing cloth pads for Cambodia and Sheree's planned visit (have you met Sheree?).
I emailed through some info, so we'll see what comes of that!  Could be exciting.

So here I am.  Still on the sofa, under a blanket, this time in need of more hydration.
The head - oh how it pounds!
The man is out enjoying a testosterone shot.  I'm looking forward to his return.
In the meantime, I will make myself some more Thai-inspired pumpkin, garlic and chilli soup and get started on my next crocheting gift (while resting on the sofa, under a blanket, remaining hydrated).

No comments:

Post a Comment