Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25th

One woman's trash in another woman's treasure.


Very grateful for the opportunity to lavish love on a beautifully crafted tool, that has been sitting in a corner, as decoration, for the last fifteen years.

She's never used it.  She couldn't tell me anything of the history.  It was picked up at an op shop many moons ago, for the exact purpose it has been fulfilling the last fifteen years.  They are now de-cluttering (something to do with the For Sale sign at the front gate, I imagine) and I got lucky *smile*.

I know absolutely NOTHING about spinning.
Other than I'd really like to give it a go.  From time to time, my rampant imagination entertains ideas of a coming Armageddon.  Where fuel prices prohibit transportation as we know it, and we're once again, living and working locally and communally.  I imagine us growing and raising our own food, bartering that which we don't, making our own clothes and spinning our own wool, from the sheep agisted in the side paddock.  So, there's a part of me that would very much like to be useful, should the time ever come.

I can't even tell, by looking at this beautiful object, if it has all the pieces it needs.
I guess I'll find out soon enough!  A woman from my village and I will be taking spinning lessons in the coming months (there is much *squeeeeeee* factor).
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment