Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2nd

Grateful that one phone call to one person can result in connection to thousands.

Today, a photographer from the Leader Newspaper (the local rag) came to my home, to meet Sheree and me and capture an image to accompany the story they are running, about the hundreds (yep, 210 in total now!) of cloth pads and underwear donated to LifeOptions Cambodia.

Gosh.

The story will also be run in a western suburb town of Melbourne (Essendon), as that is where Sheree resides.  Donna, the reporter, absolutely loved the work being done by Denise Love and team in Cambodia - as did Kim, the photographer.  The editor, we later learned, was not as keen on the idea of menstrual pads appearing in his paper and was making plans to bury it back page or thereabouts.  Our photographer grinned as she told us, it was most certainly making the front page *laugh*.  I offered up a menstrual pad for her to take back to her editor, as a goodwill gesture.  She thought that was hilarious.  So a white pad with "sit still froggy" and a cartoon picture of a frog was chosen for him, and off it went *grin*.  Can't wait to hear what he thought of our offering.

So, I don't have a picture to show you (as I was in it).  But I will link back once it runs.

Before I sign off, today's melting moment.
The cute.  Oh, the cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment