Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sept 20th

Yay for chiropractors!!

Okay, so it was structural damage.  But nothing that needed an x-ray to diagnose.  My chiro is just *that* good.  So, turns out my pelvis has tilted and my spine has decided to go all scoliosis on me.  I'm guessing, that when I injured my lower back, right side, my body started to compensate in protection of that area (considering that I refused to rest and continued to bend and stretch in my daily yoga practice, I guess it kinda had no choice).  And when my spine started swerving, it pulled my pelvis up, left side.

My adjustment was not fun.
He looked at me and said "this is going to hurt".  Now, it hurts when he DOESN'T say that - so I started crapping my pants.  But by the time I worked myself into a tizz, it was over.  I needed help getting up off the table.  "You need to come back on Friday before you're back to normal" he says to me (I could *hear* him shaking his head at me!).

Well, it has been a while since I've been back, so I'm accepting the unspoken reprimand.  And as per usual, my pattern is to return when I need him to fix me, continue monthly adjustments for a while, then forget to reschedule one day and my body maintenance lapses.  Then, I break myself and call him to request a fix-it appointment.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that repeats this pattern.  Doesn't mean it's something I want to continue, however.  If I don't look after this body, no one else will!

Immensely grateful for skillful chiropractors.  And for myself, in prioritizing my health and getting my uneven butt in there (even if it was a little late).

No comments:

Post a Comment