Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15th

I decided to embrace the purposefully postponed task of joining my squares tonight.
I knew I needed at least an hour or so minimum of quiet time - well time when my carefully laid out squares wouldn't be picked up and used as blankets to keep toys warm or as wrapping 'paper' for gifts for (toy) rats, as has been the case prior to this moment.

So I opened up the tutorial again and as with most things in my world, I'm now suffering the consequences of not reading all the way to the end *before* commencing.  Did you ever come across that test in school that was about four pages long and you were told you had 10 minutes to do it in.  The first question instructed you to read all the way to the end before writing any of your answers.  The last question said just complete question one and two.  Question two was write your name.  Do you remember that?  Yeah, I was the person canning through it as fast as I could, curious as to why most around me were chatting and smiling.
Yep.  Still haven't learned.
So anyway.  

New layout pattern (cos I couldn't be arsed doing any more red).  You like?

The joining of the circles/squares was to be done at the same time of crocheting the white borders.  I now have 35 squares complete with white borders and I'm trying to work out how I'm going to attach them, while still getting a gorgeous join like the one in the pattern I'm using.  I'm still working on it.  Actually, that's a lie.  I'm utterly pissed at myself and I'm ignoring it for the time being.

In other news, I had a wonderful time capturing autumn leaves shimmering in the sunlight this morning.  Just delightful...



 This one's got an antique effect on it.  I quite like!


How gorgeous is our mother nature?
Grateful for beauty everywhere I look.
Grateful for (yet more!) reminders to take my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment