Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26th

A change in perspective and the benefits it brings.

Our wee escape into the city has given us an wonderful opportunity to practice with new teachers.
Sunday, our teacher was Susan and today our teacher was Johannes.  Both offered pointers on perfecting technique and perfecting breathing.  Both Ben and I benefited hugely from the improvements each of these teachers shared.  

I thoroughly enjoyed Johannes's class this morning.  It was the most full I have ever experienced.  Approximately 67 people filled the room and we had about 10cm between mats.  Crazy!  I don't know if it was the collective energy in the room, all moving at the same time, all surging in energy at full capacity to push into the postures - or his voice, smooth, low, deep, fluid.  But I held my postures longer and stronger than I have in a while.  And I even managed to get both hands up in padangusthasana!


 (Usually I can only get one hand up.)

In other news, I have finished the sewing together of the crocheted blanket.  The only thing remaining to do now, is the border.  Time to learn a new technique!  And I'm only mildly nervous about that.

Ben noticed today, that I have been more adventurous than usual, when it comes to trying new things.  Taking a risk on the comedy show, trying a restaurant with a different style of food, trying new foods, even trying new wines!  Quite unlike me actually.  Perhaps I'm starting to practice what I preach, in that I am 'feeling the fear and doing it anyway'.  I think for the most part, I'm not good with disappointment and this is my main inhibiting influence.  Perhaps I'm finally understanding that disappointment is not the end of the world, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment