Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3rd

Remember back when learning was fun?

I don't know about you, but the mainstream schooling system kinda took away a lot of the fun of learning for me.  I remember quite distinctly wanting to learn about astronomy at one point (not that I knew it was called that at the time), but the teachers - and indeed the national curriculum - had another syllabus topic in mind for that day.  

I love how Lucy is still at an age where learning is impromptu, unguided, spontaneous.  Indeed, I would love to follow this method of 'schooling' for her, but I'm not the only one that has a say in her schooling and the other party is not on board.  Anyhoo...

Today, we had a fun lesson in physics!





I'm grateful for a lot of things today, as in every day.  
But today, I just love how our life is free-form.  Play takes the day in many a different direction.  I am grateful for the time with Lucy, to stimulate her mind, to expand her consciousness and to be close enough to watch it all happen.  Pretty damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment