Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oct 16th

Grateful for the tools, inspiration and ability to transform something distasteful into something beautiful.

From this:


Into this:


Now of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  And this beholder is very much NOT a fan of the 'princess culture' (much less 'glamour princess').

The tee-shirt was included in a bulk lot of clothes purchased via ebay.  The shirt itself is perfect: 100% cotton, bright, beautiful red and crisp white, great condition, right size - so I'm not about to dispose of it.  But it did need some modification before it adorned my child's body.  The fabric is from a treasured friend, who lovingly gifted it to me for a celebration and ritual a few months back.  It was very special to her, so I felt very blessed to receive it.  There was more than enough for what it was primarily intended and it is the most beautiful print, so I'm seeking more ways to display it.  The shades of red in the print match the red of the shirt just so, so it was the perfect choice to be appliquéd.

I only hope both Lucy and Sarah approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment