Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oct 4th

I've always been a fan of bartering.

Money's great - don't get me wrong.  I LOVE money.  But sometimes it's difficult to place value on things.  Like a flower essence consult for a friend.  Someone you care about very much, in potent need of your help.  In private practice, I could quite easily receive around $80 to $100 for a 60 minute consult.  But I wouldn't charge my friends that rate.  And while it's not that I don't value my time - I do - it's just sometimes for me, the gift of being able to help is worth more to me, than the financial reimbursement of my time.

And the really beautiful thing with bartering is then that person gets an opportunity to explore their own gifts in order to offer something in return!  In this case, my friend is an excellent seamstress.  I on the other hand, am a struggling amateur.  So when we were discussing an exchange and I spied a gorgeous bag she'd made hanging on a hook, the words were out of my mouth before I'd taken my next step - "Make me THAT!"  No amount of cash in my pocket could find me something THIS beautiful in a store.  And even if something like this DID exist, I'd still have to find it!

A deal was struck!
I was utterly delighted with the idea of a new bag!
And she was incredibly grateful for the consult.
Bartering WIN.


Isn't it just GORG!
*swoon*

No comments:

Post a Comment